Monday 16 April 2007

The Negotiation starts.

Gabi, Poppy and I head to Mary's on Monday morning to help Mary with the costume prep. The AA hand in is this Wednesday, and Mary wants the proposal for the performance to include photos...so we had to work fast.

I'd set to work on a "mask". Again, Mary wants something that is not "darth vader, policeman, cyberman, clergyman...etc". It's hard to make "costume" with no reference to pop culture (or any other cultural reference for that matter). We want "dark, powerful and enchanting" (from a pile of old sheets, plastic and rubbish...I admire Mary's vision). As Thomas Hirschhorn says : Energy : YES, Quality : NO.

I took the helmet I was working on away to finish it at night (to be foiled by a friend who needed a place to stay that night!) I arranged to meet Mary on Tuesday night for the "photo shoot" (She's going to dye the cloak black + "do the finishing touches"). I'll finish it then...

Listening to : magnolia electric co - what comes after the blues : sleep - holy mountain

No comments: