Saturday 17 February 2007

been a while : lazy bastard

Well, My plan of writing a blog a day...has been compromised due to me being a lazy good for nothing (can I blame the start of the year?..it's nearly March!)........

Anyway, since last writing, I've been to see ross sinclair's "vs Edwin Landseer" at the Aberdeen Art gallery (followed by the opening of Dalziel & Scullion's : "some distance from the sun" and David Blythe's "Knockturne"). Two fantastic shows in Aberdeen Art GAllery. I was most impressed by the standard, the professionalism of both shows. I am a sucker for quality, but these two works reek of it! I really need to get back in and have a "proper look", as openings are more about schmooozing than looking at art! I'll write up some texts and link them later.

Getting back to Ross Sinclair and Craig Richardson (Curator), their installation of a landrover + video works. (link to ABZ council text)
The "seminar" was interesting, even Ross and Craig thought they were going to have a "Cosy chat" with 9 or so mfa students, only to find that 40+ students from gray's and some members of the public attended!
Again, I'll write up an essay on this, and link it later. Needless to say, it was an excellent day, quite inspirational and aspirational.

Listening to: god : breach birth 12" | martyn bates & mick harris : murderballads | einstürzende neubauten : halber mensch

No comments: