Friday 2 February 2007

mum's birthday

Made a Lamb Rogan Josh today, for mum n dad popping round in the afternoon.
We're also off to see the health visitor (an oxymoron, surely?) Poppy is 17 weeks old, and it's the standard practice to interview us to see if we're coping. (and of course, we are).
I bashed a few questions around with Gabi about my direction, purpose and general thoughts on the work I will be concentrating on this semester. I've started to shape up theories about using computers to "quantify" and "interpret" images / inputs. I've been thinking that people would see this filtration or re-interpretation as what a computer woulkd "see", but I feel that because a computer is made by man, and the programms it utilises are also written by humans, surely these outputs are "limited" by human parameters? perhaps trying to find some way of removing the need for programs to manipulate images would be an avenue? It's my understanding that quantification and the need for humans to put order to any situation, to "further understand" its importance or relevance is infact my drive to produce these works too. There is something satisfying about simplification and order, and perhaps the study of Chaos Vs Order will play a great role in my artistic development?

Listening to : Andrea Parker : Kiss my Arp (MoWax). Shins : Wincing the night away (sub pop)

Poppy photo to follow (probably with nana n grandad T)

No comments: