Thursday 8 March 2007

..............zzzz...........

no Steve hollingsworth crits this week, as he can't get up from Glasgow, as the trains are on strike. (and it's not worth taking a bus to get to shit old grey Aberdeen).
Iain kindly re-arranged his day to accommodate people's crits, but I felt my excellent session with him last Friday was enough for me, so Moira, Mary and Lois had their crits.
We missed the Guest at Gray's "she's only a ceramicist"...ho ho, what snobbery we've cultivated. Missed a swim, missed cauliflower cheese, this day was turning into a nonevent, only to be topped off with a group crit with Paul's work.
bright, badly painted "abstract landscapes". we're all too nice, with some hints of true "criticism", but it's like talking about quantum physics to a 9 year old...actually, no, it's like telling someone about the highway code, and they don't know what a road is. pretty pointless and very disappointing.
'scuse me if I am too harsh, but that afternoon made me angry. we're all serious about our studies and this devalues (in my mind) what we are all doing.

listening to : slayer - south of heaven (I had too). : napalm death - peel sessions

No comments: