Sunday 17 June 2007

inTent day 1

I'm in Gray's today, setting up the "you" part of my "you and I" installation for the public to get a taste of "interactive art". Anita Haywood, Merlyn Riggs, Moira Third, Mary Cane and Mark Duguid join me in presenting a broad spectrum of work to which the common theme is "interactivity”: art that is only "complete" when an audience makes it.

Moira asks the audience to describe photographs she's taken
Mark videos people "playing" to be then digitised and transported into a video world
Merlyn has several works, a closet of un-wearable cloths along with reasons as to why her participants can't wear them, a cloth to be cut and sewed back together, and a plaster sculpture waiting to be "made" through the destruction and declaration of where and why (with one hit) from the participant
Anita asks people to act Shakespeare, in any language but English
and my exploration of personal space, volume and colour...

it's a quiet day, just as well, we're all ironing out several problems, the set up takes longer than we all expected.

The TV I am given doesn't work, so I go home and commandeer my flat screen from home.
works a treat.

no one visits my secluded part of the tent....probably just as well!

till tomorrow.

PS - no MFA work today, busy on revisiting and tweaking the past.

No comments: