Sunday 15 July 2007

prince CD....zzzzz

Sunday papers!….I am suckered into buying the Sunday mail…for the prince LP (and yes, it is dull as I expected). It’s a massive paper (let alone all the bumf magazines / leaflets and detritus that falls from it) . I add it to the Full Stop, photograph my hands and go home.

I am getting worried about my inability to start “properly” the dissertation…I’ve written about 700 words or so now, but they just don’t seem to cut the mustard. I to and fro from the real meat of my inquiry…it’s probably because I still don’t quite know how, or what it is I want to say. Another sleepless night mulling over the consequences of failing the MFA, all because “Phil the non writer” couldn’t write 10000 words on something interesting…so, I keep arguing with myself, if you can talk it, if you can converse in it…then why can’t you write it? (it must have some subconscious fear of school, and my inability to academically perform there, and the distinct lack of help from any teacher whilst there (other than the art teachers and techie drawing teachers!)…..anyway….I digress, “just fucking do it Phil, write something, and something will happen”…

Blah blah…this blog’s word count is around 16,000 so far….are any of these words worth more than “bordering pub philosophy” ? (thanks Jo, you certainly know how to keep your students weary of becoming competition).

No comments: