Monday 30 July 2007

chapter 3 staarted (my Practice)

Started on chapter three – my work and practice, in relation to others…and it was all shite. I deleted 2000 words. I can see myself falling into the tarp of describing the work, and not the concepts and ideas that my work addresses. I start to get a bit worried…I know this is my weakness, my inability to speak about the work “ambiguously”, I feel the need to satisfy the lamen in me : “tell us how you made it” (not “why” you made it…) I think that’s the simple difference in my failing. It’s a case of talking about wy I made it…not how.

I stuck the daily mirror to the Full Stop, and started thinking about how the inky hands part of the work could function on its own…I have been formulating ideas about video work, based on “transference” – passing information from one place to another. The ramifications or implications of transfer - perhaps some comparison with disease? Or random acts of kindness…I like the idea of the indiscriminate neutrality of possibility, for good or bad, or “nothing”…

Stuck Daily Mirror to Full Stop

No comments: